Class A CDL Driver (Home Daily)
First Piedmont Corporation, a Regional Waste Removal and Disposal employer
Is hiring Full-Time, Class A CDL Drivers for our Danville service area.
Monday-Friday and occasional Saturdays
Requires Class A CDL
1-Year Driving commercial vehicles preferred
Requires Good Driving Record
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus
401(k) with match
Employer Paid Health Insurance for Employee Only Coverage
Dental and Vision Insurance
One day accrued sick leave monthly
Employer provides $25k Life Insurance
Drug Free Work Place
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Operates the packing and discharge cylinder mechanisms.
- Operates hydraulic controls to dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Tarps containers and secures container to rails while wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Cleans up under stationary compactors.
- Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills.
- Reads route sheets and services each customer as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Properly performs driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Operates in a manner that is aimed at creating capacity and ensuring productivity by meeting company specified productivity goals while ensuring safe operations at all times.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.