Assistant Director of Averett Online Admissions
Assistant Director of Averett Online Admissions
Since 1859, Averett University, a Carnegie Engaged University, has grown and developed into a dynamic institution that serves students of all ages, offering more than 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, along with five graduate programs with a number of concentrations. Dedicated to preparing students to serve and lead as catalysts for positive change, the University's historic main campus is embedded in the heart of Southern Virginia with regional campuses throughout Virginia and online. Averett enrolls a diverse student body, and boasts an alumni network that spans the globe.
The Assistant Director of Online Admissions reports to the Director of Averett Online Admissions and will maintain effective and close working relationships with admissions, student services, accounting, financial aid and academic affairs. The core responsibility of this position is to execute strategic recruitment initiatives, analyze recruitment data, holistically evaluate application, make recommendations for admissions decisions, and to determine eligibility for special admissions programs. They will provide vision, leadership, management, excellent customer service/responsiveness, and hands-on operational oversight of the Averett Online admissions process. The Assistant Director of Online Admissions is key to Averett's ability to deliver on our strategic plan in each of the three key areas (Student Success, Brand Excellence, and Strategic Growth).
The Assistant Director of Averett Online Admissions demonstrates competence and effectiveness in:
• Conducts student appointments with the goal of supporting, recruiting, onboarding, and disseminating program and student resource information to new students.
• Maintain the highest levels of professionalism and interpersonal communication skills throughout the new student admissions process and with all University stakeholders.
• Maintains a high level understanding of the admissions and financial aid process to guide students through matriculation process.
• Excitement for change balanced with need for consistency of process.
• Driven by curiosity.
• Provide high quality customer service to meet the recruitment and enrollment management needs of Averett Online.
• Assist in the planning and execution of the annual recruiting and admissions strategy as it pertains to Averett Online enrollment, with responsibility for recruiting specific programs.
• Assist with the admissions coordination for Averett's ABSN program. Host and coordinate weekly roster calls in collaboration with our Orbis partner.
• Plan, execute, and represent the university both on campus and off campus at events via information sessions, interviews, high school visits, college fairs, open houses and department events, and may coordinate special programs/projects in support of admissions efforts
• Proactively recruit and assist prospective students (via e-mail, phone, text virtual information sessions, walk-ins, scheduled appointments and/or recruiting events) by following on inquiries, and provide counseling about our Online programs.
• Update of prospect and applicant data in our Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) and use of the CRM to effectively provide service to our prospective students.
• Stay current on student resources and documents.
• Maintain and update the New Start Report
• Manage the recruitment event and out of office calendar
• Coordinate with Averett Online's Student Services team, financial aid, accounting
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism at all times
• Exceptional customer service orientation, with ability to build and develop collaborative relationships
• Experience with building strong professional relationships with students, faculty and staff
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Ability to implement innovative ideas to proactively solve problems, prioritize workload, work on cross functional teams and use specialized computer applications like Student Information Systems and Customer Relationship Management systems.
• Knowledge of factors that affect retention and persistence through the admissions funnel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed.
• Experience in strategic and operational planning and problem solving.
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills including project management and the ability to track details and manage timelines.
• Experience with working adult population seeking degrees in an online program preferred.
Must be able to perform the following with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Position requires you to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities, or be able to perform these actions with reasonable accommodations provided
• The employee may occasionally be required to move items weighing up to 20 pounds
• The employee will work irregular hours, nights, weekends
• Some travel may be required… within Danville area, within Virginia, within region, nationally, internationally
• As a condition of employment, Averett University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
• Background checks are required for all positions.
• An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
• Averett University's policies, programs and activities, including hiring practices, comply with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression and veteran status. Inquiries related to the University's compliance with Title IX should be directed to Averett's Title IX Coordinator, Amanda Estabrook, at email@example.com. Additional contact information, reporting options, and the University's Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy can be found at https://www.averett.edu/about-us/title-ix/. Inquiries may be made externally to the Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights: https://www.ed.gov/ocr.
• Averett University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, can be found at https://www.averett.edu/wp-content/uploads/9.30.21-ASR-for-2020.pdf.
• Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.