Electrical Maintenance Technician - 2nd & 3rd Shift Position
RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has 12 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe and Asia. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties. We are currently seeking a Maintenance Tech. The Maintenance Tech takes direction from the Plant Manager.
We are currently seeking a 2nd & 3rd Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician at our South Boston, VA facility.
Key areas of responsibility
This position is responsible for the repair, installation, calibration and preventative electrical maintenance of plastic production machinery and facility electrical equipment. The individual is held accountable for recognizing and troubleshooting all electrical problems related to production. This person must also take a proactive approach to preventative electrical maintenance in order to improve equipment reliability and life.
• Former electrical maintenance experience is required
• A two-year electrical/electronics or other technical degree is preferred
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Forklift experience preferred
• Mechanical skills preferred
• Capability to accurately interpret colors
• Ability to read schematics and blueprints
• Ability to make decisions within the scope of the position
• Ability to trouble shoot various brands of AC and DC Drives
• Ability to trouble shoot using PLC’s
• Has working knowledge of National Electrical Codes
• Must have a positive attitude
• Excellent attendance
• Strong work ethic
• Works well with others
• Safety awareness
• Willing to work weekends and overtime
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
We offer a highly competitive benefits package and a competitive pay based on experience.
For consideration, please submit resume to:
RTP Company Attn: Human Resources/Electrical Maintenance-Virginia
1150 Green’s Folly Road
South Boston, VA 24592
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: South Boston, VA (24592)