Assist Executive Management by leading centralized accounting team, and support the Business as necessary in the overall financial management of the Company. The Controller will also be responsible for the administration of certain benefit and compensation plans.
- Prepares financial reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings.
- Manage the company’s software by implementing new functionality.
- Directly supervises multiple direct reports in the Accounting and Human Resources function.
- Maintain capitalized asset records to include annual property tax returns, depreciation and amortization.
- Assist with major economic objectives and policies for company or subdivision.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts at the direction of the CFO.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Manage various financial statement and insurance audits of company accounts.
- Assists with receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Analyzes financial records to forecast future financial position and budget requirements.
- Development of internal policies and procedures.
- Manages collection of outstanding customer debts.
- Maintain financial accounting software applications.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisors.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Experience
- Advanced ERP Knowledge
- Ability to Innovate
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Fixed Asset Management
- Communicating with Other Workers
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Providing Consultation and Advice to Others
- Documenting or Recording Information
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing
- B.S. Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- Minimum of two years of auditing, banking, and finance experience
- Previous Management of Personnel
- Public accounting and/or construction contractor accounting experience
- CPA or Candidate
- Viewpoint Construction Software Experience
- Awareness of Current Tax Trends
- Awareness of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Location/Region: South Boston, VA